Monday, June 23, 2008

Kindle

From looking at this page you might notice I've been having way too much fun with my Kindle and book sites Shelfari and LibraryThing. I got my Kindle a week ago, after long deliberation. Actually, I ordered one last December, but canceled after a month because they weren't in stock. Now I finally ordered again, and so far I'm loving it!
The pics show the size of the Kindle, not too big, easy to hold.
One lesson I learned so far: do NOT leave your Kindle connected to your PC through the USB cable, it will totally drain the Kindle's battery! Ouch! I figured it would work like my Zune, when connected it charges. But no, not the Kindle...
One of my favorite features so far is the build-in dictionary. Mark a line and click lookup, and the Kindle will search the New Oxford American Dictionary for the words. Very nice indeed!

Paperback vs. Kindle vs. CD:



Kindle side view compared to a paperback:





No comments: